Nobody likes pests and termites inside their house, most especially in wood furnishings. They can cause the foundation of the house to be unstable because they chew everything in their path which includes walls, wallpaper and flooring.
Preventing termites from eating your house
There are a few ways to do a termite control in your own house. Here are a few tips that you could easily do to prevent these pests from eating away your house:
• Termite lives in a lot of moisture, so make sure that you always clean your surroundings and the spaces in between your walls and furniture. And also, always check your basement for building moistures.
• If you have broken AC units in the exterior, water piper or faucets, fix them immediately.
• If your roof shingles are rotten or if you have a broken fascia and soffits, also fix them as soon as possible.
• In your windows and basement foundation, replace any loose mortars
and weather stripping.
• Use gutters, downspouts, or splash blocks to divert any water that are coming to your house.
• Always check the foundation of your house if there are any cracks, mud tubes or bubbling wood or paint because termites lives in this kind of area.
• Inspect your windows, skirting boards, exterior woods and door frames if there are any changes.
• If you have wood portions included in your house, make sure that you distant it from the soil by 18 inches.
• Hire a professional inspector to annually check your house for termites.
• If you’re using firewood, place them at least 20 feet away from the location of your house.
If you notice any changes in the wood inside or outside of your house, contact your local inspector immediately. This could be a sign that you have termites in your house. The earlier it is terminated, the lesser damage it could inflict into your home. Learn more about termite solutions right here.
Do-it-yourself termite treatment is not advisable because there are chemicals involved when treatment is applied. So it is better to let the professionals handle the situation. If done properly, termite control will be easier. So remember these easy tips on how to prevent any termites roaming around your house.
Types of treatment for termites
1. Termiticide – this treatment kills the termites. It is more used because it effectively eliminated any termites quickly.
2. Termite Repellent – this treatment keeps the termites away for a while. But there is a high chance that they will return, after the chemicals wash away.
Professional inspectors would assess your home if which treatment would be suitable for your home. Make sure that you hire the best company so that you could have better results.